City of wine, sunshine and ancient sycamore trees
Realization day: Saturday
This excursion to Trebinje gives you the opportunity to visit the Old Town as well as the sacral complex Hercegovacka Gracanica and the Monastery Tvrdos.
Over the centuries, Trebinje has been considered as one of the most beautiful towns in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Situated below Leotar mountain, on the slope of Trebinje field, 25 km away from the seaside -Trebinje is one of the sunniest cities (260 sunny days a year) and one of the economic and cultural centers of Eastern Herzegovina. The Old Town, situated on the shore of the river Trebisnjica, numerous bridges that defy time and adorn the river, one of the symbols of Trebinje, the famous museum of Herzegovina, religious legacy among which the most famous are Hercegovacka Gracanica and Tvrdos, many cultural happenings, taste of famous local wines and rich gastronomic offer – are some parts of the uniquenesses of this town.
- Departure from Tivat is at 8:00 am. Transfer to Lepetane. We will take the ferry up to Kamenare and then transfer to Herceg Novi where you will join the rest of the group.
- Arrival in Trebinje is around 10:00 am. The tour starts with a visit to a hill Crkvina from which you can see the whole town, a place that the famous poet and diplomat, Jovan Ducic, chose for his eternal resting place. We will visit Hercegovacka Gracanica, the gallery of gilded icons and the amphitheater, from where you can see Arslanagica stone bridge, which was built in the 16th century. You will have the opportunity to hear an incredible story about a bridge with two names and two addresses.
- After touring Crkvina, we will visit the Old Town where you will see, among other, the Sahat Kula, Kastel, Osman Pasha Mosque and the town walls with cannons. Leaving the Old Town through its main gate – a tunnel leads to the Square where you will enjoy in the shade of 16 famous sycamore trees that are over 120 years old, and the visit to the local market, the Church of the Transformation of the Holy Virgin Mary,the Catholic Cathedral and Town Park.
- On way to Monastery Tvrdos you can see „Dolapi” on the Trebisnjica River (old wheels for irrigation). Then, we will visit the Tvrdos Monastery where St. Basil of Ostrog became a monk and a priest. This monastery was built on the foundations of a church from the 4th century AD. The Monastery harbors a tradition of the monk winemaking of the autochthonous and international wines – Zilavka,Vranac, Chardonnay, Cabarnet. In the Monastery's cellar wine tasting produced by combining of the ancient and modern technologies is planned in the monastery winery.
- After visiting the monastery and wine tasting we leave for a lunch in a garden of local restaurant.
- After lunch and a short rest, we continue our Arrival In Tivat is planned at around 6:00 pm.
PRICE: 44,00 € (per person)
The price includes:
- Transfer by car Tivat – Lepetane – Tivat
- Transport by an air-conditioned high-class vehicle
- Local guide services in Trebinje
- Wine tasting in the Tvrdos Monastery
- Lunch in a restaurant (fish or meat menu, salad, bread and dessert)
*For a trip without guide service, lunch and tasting included, the COST for the trip is 28,00 € per person.*
Good to know!
- Children up to 2 years (if they do not use their own seat or eat and drink) get a discount on the excursion ticket in the amount of 100%.
- Children up to 12 years (with the use of their own seat as well as the consumption of food and drinks) get a discount on the excursion ticket in the amount of 50%.