Realization day: thursday
Visit Shkoder, the town in “the last secret of Europe“, the country that spent so much time “behind the Iron Curtain“.
Shkoder on Bojana, one of the oldest cities in the southern part of Europe is surrounded by Shkoder Lake, and Bojana and Drim rivers. The symbol of the town is a combination of three different religious monuments situated at the very heart of Shkoder: an orthodox church, a cathedral and a mosque. They are symbols of hope, faith and reconciliation. Discover the history of The Rozafa Citadel that has dominated the city and defied time for more than 2000 years. The Archaeology and Ethnography Museum is a proof of the rich history and culture of this area.
- The trip starts at 7:40 am from Tivat and the beautiful Budva At the restaurant just above the famous town-hotel St. Stefan we will make a 20 minutes break, so that you can take some excellent photos of the famous spot.
- Around 10:40 am you will reach Sukobin, the border crossing between Montenegro and Albania, where a local guide will be waiting to join us. On the way to Shkoder, you will enjoy Drim river sightseeing.
- Upon arrival in Shkoder, you will have a 1 hour tour of the Rozafa fortress, which dominates over the city and is one of the most important monuments in Albania.
- The estimated time for sightseeing of the Archaeological and Ethnographic Museum and the city center with three religious sites (Church, Cathedral and Mosque) is 2 hours.
- Then there is a 1 hour lunch break at a local national restaurant.
- After lunch there is a free time for 1 hour.
- Around 4:00 pm we depart to Tivat.
- Return to Tivat is planned around 7:00 pm.
The price includes:
- Transport by an air-conditioned high-class vehicle
- Tourist guide services
- Entrance fee for the Rozafa Citadel
- Entrance fee for the Museum
- Lunch in a restaurant
For a trip without guide services, museum ticket and lunch included, the COST is 32,00 € per person.
Good to know!
- Children up to 2 years (if they do not use their own seat or the consumption of food and drinks) receive a discount on the excursion ticket in the amount of 100%.
- Children up to 12 years (with the use of their own seat as well as consumption of food and drinks) receive a discount on the excursion ticket in the amount of 50%.