TARA AND MORACA CANYONS, MORACA MONASTERY, NATIONAL PARKS BIOGRADSKA GORA AND DURMITOR
Realizaton days: Wednesday, Saturday
The tour gives you an opportunity to make a trip around the whole country and all that in only one day. The whole ride, together with numerous photo breaks (Moraca canyon and Tara canyon – two of the most beautiful panoramic views in Montenegro), as well as wonderful intact nature of national parks will provide you with a unique experience.
Montenegro Canyons is the one of the most unique trips of Montenegro, from the sea coast to the mountain ranges.
First, you will visit Moraca canyon and Moraca Monastery, with its marvellous natural surrounding and with a church dedicated to Our Lady. Around the church there are rooms where monks lead a humble life. Second, Biogradska Gora National Park will capture you with its brooks and coves, the Biogradsko Lake, its hundreds years old woods and meadows, with the magnificence of natural beauty. Next, your eyes will admire the Tara Canyon – the deepest canyon in Europe and Tara river ″the tear of Europe″, thus nicknamed for its clear water. The second deepest canyon in the world (after the Colorado canyon) is one of the 25 most significant sites in the world. Further, you will enjoy more of pure, intact nature and visit the pearl of Tara, the masterpiece of architecture – Djurdjevica Tara Bridge from which you will be able to enjoy the magnificent and breath taking view.
In the end, you will certainly be attracted to Durmitor National Park and the Black Lake. In order to reach the Park, you will follow the road through a wonderful larch forest.
- Departure is at 6:40 am from Tivat via Budva and Cetinje, we will have our first photo break at Brajici location, for you to take photos of riviera of Budva.
- In Cetinje, we will have a 30 minutes long break for breakfast.
- After passing the capital of the country – Podgorica trough Moraca Canyon where you can expect the visit to the Moraca Monastery. There will be enough photo breaks to capture the moment. Arrival at the Monastery is planned at 9:45 am, with a 45 minutes break.
- Our next stop will be Biogradska Gora National Park and the Biogradsko Lake. We will be there at 11:30 am and you will have 30 minutes at your disposal.
- Lunch break for 45 minutes is available at a local restaurant with a planned arrival at about 12:30 pm.
- At about 2:30 pm we get a photo break on the most famous bridge in Montenegro – Djurdjevica Tara Bridge with a stop for 30 minutes.
- Around 3:30 pm, we reach the other National Park – Durmitor and the Black Lake. There, we will have a relaxing walk along the lake for 1 hour.
- The return is via Savnik and Niksic, again with numerous photo breaks, especially to capture the beauty of the Boka bay.
- Return to Tivat is planned around 8:00 pm.
The price includes:
- Transfer by car Lepetane-Tivat
- Transport by an air-conditioned high-class vehicle
- Tourist guide services
- Breakfast (sandwich and a cup of coffee or tea)
- Entrance fee for Moraca Monastery
- Entrance fee for Biogradska Gora National Park
- Entrance fee for Durmitor National Park
Good to know!
- Children up to 2 years (if they do not use their own seat or the consumption of food and drinks) receive a discount on the excursion ticket in the amount of 100%.
- Children up to 12 years (with the use of their own seat as well as consumption of food and drinks) receive a discount on the excursion ticket in the amount of 50%.