Tara is one among the most attractive world rivers and a true paradise for adventure lovers.
After the Colorado Canyon, Tara river canyon is the deepest in the world. It represents the unique oasis of intact nature.
In a magnificent ambiance, below the steep sides, one thousand meters deep, fighting its way through the mountain, flows the most beautiful and the longest Montenegrin river Tara. As a natural treasure of special values and having a great significance known around the world, it has been enrolled into the UNESCO World Heritage list twice which tells enough what a true natural miracle it is. This beauty of the river has been streaming through the limestone surface creating many gorges, huge obstacles and abysses. This is the way how 1 300 meters deep Tara canyon was made. Coasts are sheer, covered in a forest rising up from the coldness and depth of the canyon. The steep sides of the canyon are rich in beautiful vegetation there.
What makes it extraordinary are the forests of the black pine tree, area of the rare tall trees and great forestation. The most interesting examples of black pine trees are the ones attached to the very stone edge, overlooking the abyss. The trees are over 50 meters tall and over 450 years old. Today, Tara canyon is a go to spot for adventurous tourists who want to experience the exciting and direct contact with nature. Tara river rafting represents an unforgettable and extraordinary experience.
- The trip starts at 6:00 am from Tivat. Transfer to Lepetane. We will take the ferry up to Kamenare where you will join rest of the group.
- The road leads to the continental part of the country passing through a magical mountain During the ride, you will have the opportunity to see the beautiful Bay of Kotor with Perast islands, Slano Lake and Piva Canyon.
- After 3 hours and 30 minutes drive and after having many photo breaks on the most beautiful vantage points you can imagine, we reach Camp at Scepan Polje at around 9:30 am.
- Upon arrival, there will be a rich feast of national dishes for you to enjoy and after breakfast, we continue our journey having a 12 km long jeep ride to the point where rafts are and from which the 18 km long Tara River rafting During the rafting, you will be able to see a wonderful waterfall, caves and small beaches. There will be a swimming break, as well.
- After experiencing the fun of rafting, there will be a lunch at the
- Return is planned around 7:00 pm.
75 € per person
The price includes:
- Transfer by car Tivat-Lepetane-Tivat
- Transport by an air-conditioned high-class vehicle
- Jeep ride
- Skipper services
- Lunch in a restaurant (fish or meat menu)
For reservations and more informations we are at your disposal